Meeting: Thursday, July 30

The first meeting of the new combined group!

Where:
Andi and William's house
[write me for directions if needed]

Contributing Stories:
Thom
William
Paul

7 comments:

  1. Look! It's the first comment on this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've noticed that most of us are writing about things that have happened to us personally (Chris and Paul and Judy being exceptions!) - wondering if this is a common practice denoting a level of ?? Perhaps the rigors of developing a story from imagination require more maturity as a writer. Methinks. Just sounding off here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, my story's themes are all from life. And too many moments became life imitating art.
    [And all the characters are based on the real people who acted the rolls.]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, my story's themes are all from life. And too many moments became life imitating art.
    [And all the characters are based on the real people who acted the rolls.]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Y'All! Can't wait to see you at the combined meeting (I hope!) - Great idea to do the blog, and great idea to combine. Will be working on ICON in the next couple of weeks, tentatively, so can contribute soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greetings to my recent friends in the ol' Thursday Writers and a warm welcome to new friends from the Wednesday group (Paul says you guys are alright, so we're good with that). Blogging is a new experience for me (guess that says something about my age), so excuse me if I'm not aware of conventions involved in this medium. Would it be appropriate-schmopriate to start a new thread with instructions to meeting locations? Might save having to try to include everyone in an email every time. Will we have a new thread for each meeting?

    A couple of comments, this is the first I've been aware that I'm up for contributing. My second chapter is still a long way from completion, although I could have an older work ready to send in a few days. If anyone is eager for a critique on their current efforts, speak up. Also, I find it . . . interesting . . . that Thom believes all the stuff I've written about has actually happened to me. Life imitating art would be scary for this writer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. William:
    While this blog is 'private' I don't know how secure that is -- so I'm reluctant to post home addresses here.

    I will make a new post for each meeting.

    I thought we decided on you, me, and Thom at the meeting before last... But I am not yet ready either. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

    I'm going to send this out as an email, which I still think is the best way for everyone to communicate. Push vs. pull communication.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.